National Confederation of Engineering, Architecture and Agronomy (CONFEA) - Brazil
- Date submitted: 1 Nov 2011
- Stakeholder type: Major Group
- Name: National Confederation of Engineering, Architecture and Agronomy (CONFEA) - Brazil
- Submission Document: Download
Rio+20Recommendations from the CONFEA, the National Confederation ofEngineering, Architecture, and Agronomy, Brazil.
General Content: What are the expectations for the Rio+20:It is expected that the multilateral and UN system will reach a consensus on poverty reduction under a sustainable economy, while adopting cleaner technologies.
1. What are the comments on existing proposals: a. What are the views on implementation:The tree UN conventions - climate change, Biodiversity, and desertification- sould be implemented in full measure, with commitments and money. b. What specific cooperation mechanisms, partnership arrangements or other implementation tools are envisagedThe Climate Fund should be strengthened to implement greener economy and drastically reduce the use of fossil fuels. The Fund should be fed from a carbon tax to be created, while the collected funds should be invested to implement the new recommendations of the conference.2. Specific Elements: a. Objective of the Conference:The conference should strengthen the focus on poverty alleviation and food security under a greener economy and sustainable technologies, for all countries. Sectoral priorities:Increase in the use of biomass energy to be implemented together with food security. Strengthening the transfer of greener technologies among countries. b. Green economy c. Institutional framework for sustainable development d. Any proposals for refinement of the two themes.
Marcos Túlio de MeloPresident,Conselho Federal de Engenharia, Arquitetura e Agronomia ? ConfeaAv. W/3 Norte, SEPN 508, Bloco A, 4º andar70740-541 - Brasília ? DFTelefone: +55 61 2105-3705 / +55 61 2105-3751E-mail: email@example.com Site: www.confea.org.br