- Partnership scope: Global
- Date start: 1 Nov 2005
- More information: http://www.refrigerantsnaturally.com/
Partnership implemented in
Refrigerants Naturally Initiative
The Coca-Cola Company (Belgium)
Unilever (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), Division of Technology, Industry and Economics (France)
Partnership Overview | ObjectivesThe Initiative scope consists of those in the supply, production, transport and retailing of food and drink who require point-of-sale cooling technology, including technology and component suppliers. Thus it includes supermarkets but not mobile air conditioning, general manufacturing, or general household.
- To promote a shift in the point-of-sale cooling technology in the food and drink, food service and retail sectors towards natural refrigerants with a low-or non-Global Warming Potential.
- To do this whilst improving or (at least) equaling energy efficiency of existing fluorocarbon based technology
- To provide a working group and supportive environment for those committed to implementing natural refrigerants who will share information with each other and with suppliers on achieving the other objectives
- To outreach a wider public including other industry, governments and global society