- Partnership scope: Regional
- Date start: 1 Jul 2002
- More information: http://www.menlh.go.id/
Partnership implemented in
Good Governance in Sustainable Development
Government of Indonesia - Ministry of Environment
The World Bank (United States of America)
UNDP (United States of America)
Partnership Overview | ObjectivesIn a global village where we live at present, it is in everyone's interest that any society ideally meets the above-mentioned conditions. However, some societies have difficulties achieving those conditions, despite their best effort to actively seek and work towards these goals. On the other hand, some societies have the capability and means to assist other because of their experience, working knowledge, as well as available resources. Therefore, a proactive effort to achieve such conditions should becomes prime vehicle for global cooperation. The objective of Good Governance in Sustainable Development (GGSD) Program is to assist societies to develop on effective government within a democratic system, and to implement sustainable development principles through global partnership.
To enhance local implementation actions of the Rio Resolutions and Agenda 21 for real progress towards sustainable development
To assist societies to develop an effective government within a democratic system and to implement sustainable development principles through global partnerships by way of:
1. Empowering the public to enable them to effectively participate in decision making for public interest and to undertake local initatives;
2. Developing and strengthening good governance at the local level;
3. Developing the capacity of public and the government at the local level to cooperate in increasing welfare of the people.