- Submitted by: Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
- Primary SD area: Education
- Keywords: education
- Location: Limerick, Ireland
- Date of completion: 1 Jan 2000
- More information
Deliverables & Resources
Higher Education Sustainability Initiative-University of Limerick
Organization(s) making commitmentUniversity of Limerick
Achievement of Commitment- ?Continue to provide environmental leadership by strengthening our commitment to education for sustainable development through the creation of further associated teaching and learning opportunities?. (goal 1)
- ?Encouraging environmental and social responsibility within and beyond our physical boundaries? (Goal 4)
- ?Support the development of a ?smarter travel area? in conjunction with local authorities in the Limerick urban area? (Goal 4).
- ?Preserve the natural environment by working to ensure that the high quality of our campus is protected and enhanced? (Resources)
- ?Develop sustainable energy strategies for all aspects of campus activity (Resources)
How this will be achievedIn order to achieve these goals UL has recently ratified a detailed set of Environmental Protocols for all areas of its activity and in 2011.
In addition, UL has also joined (2011) the international ?Green Metric? rankings initiative (http://greenmetric.ui.ac.id/) which allows universities in both the developed and developing world to compare their efforts towards campus sustainability and environment friendly university management.
The current version of the UL Strategic plan ?Pioneering and Connnected? is available at www2.ul.ie/pdf/521283169.pdf
|?Green Metric? rankings initiative||2015|
|Resources devoted to delivery|
|Staff / Technical expertise||Expertise of students and staff concerning sustainable development|