- Submitted by: Mauritius
- Primary SD area: Sustainable Energy
- Keywords: Energy
- Location: Mauritius
- Date of completion: 1 Jan 2000
- More information
Deliverables & Resources
Barbados Declaration – Voluntary Commitment by Mauritius
Organization(s) making commitmentMauritius, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
Achievement of Commitment1. Increasing the share of renewable energy(including solar power, wind energy, hydro power, bagasse and landfill gas) to around 35% by 2025
2. Removal of barriers impeding the development of renewable energy
3. Use of innovative renewable energy technologies
4. Promoting and monitoring energy efficiency measures across all sectors
5. Democratizing energy supply and promoting the participation of Small Independent Power Producers in electricity generation using renewable resources.
6. Promoting sustainable buildings and conducting energy audits of public buildings
7. Adopting product labeling and energy efficiency standards
How this will be achievedTo be achieved with assistance from development partners.
|Increasing the share of renewable energy(including solar power, wind energy, hydro power, bagasse and landfill gas) to around 35%||2025|
|Resources devoted to delivery|
|Other, please specify||In partnership with Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and UK, and UNDP|