- Submitted by: Seychelles
- Primary SD area: Sustainable Energy
- Keywords: Energy
- Location: Seychelles
- Date of completion: 1 Jan 2000
- More information
Deliverables & Resources
Barbados Declaration – Voluntary Commitment by Seychelles
Organization(s) making commitmentSeychelles, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
Achievement of Commitment1. Diversification of the energy mix by the use and promotion of renewable energy sources in all energy uses and services in all sectors, including electricity, cooling, transport, residential, commercial and industrial. Ultimately achieving the set target of 15% energy supply from renewable energy by 2030.
2. Provide the whole population with access to a safe, secure, affordable, reliable and high quality of energy services while ensuring environmental protection
3. Increase security of energy supply
4. Promote efficient use of energy and conservation
5. Strengthen the institutional and legal framework of the energy sector
How this will be achievedTo be achieved with assistance from development partners.
|15% energy supply from renewable energy||2030|
|Resources devoted to delivery|
|Other, please specify||In partnership with Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and UK, and UNDP.|