- Submitted by: Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
- Primary SD area: Education
- Keywords: education
- Location: Gland, Switzerland
- Date of completion: 1 Jan 2000
- More information
Deliverables & Resources
Higher Education Sustainability Initiative - Sustainability Management School
Organization(s) making commitmentSustainability Management School
Achievement of CommitmentThe Sustainability Business School is focused totally on sustainability and a responsible management education.
• The curricula are embedded with sustainability-related concepts and corporate social responsibility matters
• The School is committed to develop initiatives that enable students, faculty and staff to contribute to sustainable practices. For example, classes are paperless. There is a public bicycle rental system, and the catering service is offered by an enterprise that is socially committed and promotes environmental issues.
How this will be achievedOur Sustainability Projects between 2012 and 2015:
The programs of study offered are :
1. BBA - Bachelor of Business Administration in Sustainability Management
2. MBA - Master of Business Administration in Sustainability Management
3. MA - Master of Cultural Heritage Management
4. Sustainability Training for professionals and practitioners.
• The curricula are based on three areas of competency : professional development for sustainability ; entrepreunership in sustainable organizations ; and general education.
• SUMAS is a participant of the UN Global Compact and supports the ten principles with respect to human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
• SUMAS is committed to participate in local Swiss networks and engage in partnership projects with corporations, inter-governmental organizations and NGOs.
• SUMAS is also engaged with concerns about diversity, health, and well-being of its employees.
• All students, faculty, and staff are signing a joint declaration of intent in commitment to sustainable practices in their daily routine.
• There will be an annual report on our progress in regard to the sustainability practices, which will be followed by a review.
|Annual Sustainability Reports||2015|
|Communication on Progress - COP (UNGC)||2015|
|Resources devoted to delivery|
|Staff / Technical expertise||Expertise of students and staff concerning sustainable development|