- Submitted by: Theme on the Environment, Macroeconomics, Trade and Investment (TEMTI) of the Commission on Environmental, Economic and Social Policy (CEESP), IUCN - International Union for the Conservation of Nature
- Primary SD area: Biodiversity, Forests and other Ecosystems
- Keywords: biodiversity,genes, species, ecosystems, nature, conservation, valuing
- Location: local, national, regional, global
- Date of completion: 1 Jan 2000
- More information
Deliverables & Resources
Valuing and conserving nature for a sustainable future
Organization(s) making commitmentInternational Union for Conservation of Nature -IUCN
Achievement of CommitmentThe conservation status of species and ecosystems is improved.
How this will be achievedCredible and trusted knowledge for valuing and conserving biodiversity leads to better policy and action on the ground.
|The proportion of the most important areas for biodiversity effectively managed for the conservation of species, ecosystems and genetic diversity increases to sustain livelihoods and a green economy||2016|
|Resources devoted to delivery|
|Staff / Technical expertise||IUCN Members, National and Regional Committees, Commissions, Secretariat|
|Financing (in USD)||120,000,000|